In September 2022 we started on a new project with the CSIRO. Previous and ongoing projects include sensor housings for mining and process plants, and potting of electronic cattle ear tags.
In June 2022 we commissioned a new curing oven suited to pouring large rollers and objects up to 3.25m long.
Team Member Updates
Plasticraft employs 2 people in the mould shop. In May 2022 they commenced Polyurethane Technician Apprenticeships with PARTEC.
Towards the end of 2018 we updated our main workshop to include two separate and independent mixing and pouring facilities, each complete with digital fan forced oven, fume hood covered mixing bench, and vacuum degassing.
We have added a vacuum degassing to our 2nd facility, and can degas 20 litre buckets.
Our workshop is equipped to process polyurethane strictly in accordance with our suppliers specification.
- 6 ovens, all capable of maintaining a process temperature of 100-110°C. The main pouring ovens are digitally controlled and fan forced. Additional ovens are used for postcure; a laboratory grade oven with digital thermostat control and fan force.
- 3 vacuum chambers, each with a 3 phase pump capable of 0.1 mbar vacuum. We ensure that the material is thoroughly degassed both before and after mixing (products up to 3kg)
- Hardness Tester: hardness of finished product is checked before dispatch
- Temperature Probe: Mix temperatures and oven temperatures are checked.
- Linish, grind, abrade: equipment for cleaning and roughening surfaces for bonding. Successful bonding depends on careful surface preparation.
- Safety is a serious concern, and the workshop is equipped with a fume cupboard for weighing and mixing operations. A fume hood extends over one of the ovens used for pouring large/large surface area objects, which give off more fumes. The workshop is ventilated, and pouring practices developed to minimize exposure to isocyanate gases.
- MOCA: we process using MOCA when needed for ultimate physical properties and environmental resistance. Large objects and products in 75D hardness are processed with Ethacure.
Plastic Craft is located in an industrial complex at 40 Ingleston Rd, Wakerley (see contact page for map), adjoining steel fabricators Red Phoenix Pty Ltd.
- We liase with neighbouring business to produce products incorporating metal components.